Causes of Car Accidents in Tampa, FL
Over six million traffic accidents occur in our country each year, with a large percentage of them involving cars. These accidents are brought about by a variety of circumstances and factors, including legitimate driver error, adverse weather conditions, and unfortunate chance. The primary cause of car accidents, however, is negligence or carelessness on the part of another or others. This negligence can come in many forms, and can involve many different parties. Typical examples of negligence that lead to car accidents include:
- Distracted or inattentive driving (such as a driver talking or texting on a mobile phone, or programming a navigation system)
- Reckless/dangerous driving
- Poor road conditions due to lack of maintenance
Poor car design/manufacture (leading to faulty components
- Motorists driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
If you did not cause the accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation from those who did and a Tampa personal injury lawyer can pursue that compensation on your behalf.
Dangerous Intersections in Tampa
WTSP, one of the primary news networks in the Tampa Bay area, performed research on the most dangerous intersections in the Tampa Bay area based on the number of accidents during a specific time period. Factors like short lights, a large amount of U-turns, and heavy traffic are some of the main contributors that make the following intersections so dangerous:
- 40th Street and Hillsborough Avenue (128 crashes)
- Brandon Blvd. W. at Brandon Town Center Drive (79)
- Bell Shoals Road at Bloomington Ave. W. (77)
- Anderson Road at Waters Ave. W. (75)
- Bearss Ave. E. at Bruce B. Downs Blvd. (75)
- Memorial Highway at Courtney Campbell Causeway (20)
For more information, visit this news story.
Compensation for Car Accident Victims
We believe that injury victims should receive the maximum compensation allowed by law in their case, as medical expenses and property repair can frequently be prohibitively expensive. If you are the victim of negligence in a car accident, we will fight for the fair compensation that you deserve, so you are able to recover without worrying about the monetary aspect of your injuries and other damages. To get started, simply contact a Tampa injury attorney at our firm.